Thank you for your interest. We are committed to to maintaining your confidence and trust. We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published on our website are accurate at the time of publication or last modification. While considerable care and effort has been taken in the gathering of the data and compilation of the global electronic links, visitors should note that errors and/or omissions may occur. Websites are by nature constantly changing so readers should always verify information with us before relying on it.
Gateway Medical, LLC takes no responsibility for the consequences of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information published on any pages. We have attempted to provide accurate information on this website, no representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness or accuracy of the information. Gateway Medical, LLC shall not be liable for any damages suffered by or injury caused to you, including any direct or indirect damages resulting from your access to or or inability to access this site.
Although the information on this website is of a medical nature, it cannot and should not replace direct diagnosis and consultation by your personal physician. The information is provided as is and without warranty, to help you make more informed decisions in the company of your doctor. No healthcare provider-patient relationship is established with visitors to the site unless they are already our patient. No specific advice regarding treatment or prevention of an individual's personal medical condition is provided or intended. This website is for general information only. You should consult a qualified healthcare provider if you have a question about your particular medical condition.
In no event shall Gateway Medical, LLC or any other party, involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website, or any of their affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, or agents of each of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any direct, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of, or your browsing in, or your links to other sites from this website.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. All information provided on this website is subject to change without notice. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to serving you.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
TO OUR PATIENTS
As a patient, you have specific rights and responsibilities in relation to your medical needs. To gain maximum benefit from your relationship with your health care provider, it is imperative that you understand your rights and how to exercise these rights.
Your treatment is based on the care plan recommended by your health care provider. You have the right to participate in decisions from the initial stages through any revisions to your care plan. You have the right to:
- Choose a healthcare provider,
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities,
- Be informed in advance about our service to you and any limitations on those services,
- Be informed of your right to formulate an Advance Directive and what to do in a medical emergency,
- Be informed of any charges for which the patient is responsible,
- Be informed of any financial benefits when being referred to another provider of care,
- Make informed decisions and participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care,
- Be informed of your right to refuse care after the consequences of refusing care are fully explained to you,
- Receive appropriate care in accordance with physician orders and without discrimination, and
- Have your property and person treated with respect and consideration, and be free from mistreatment, neglect or verbal, mental, sexual and physical abuse, including injuries of an unknown source.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MAINTAINING QUALITY OF CARE
- Participating in decisions regarding your care plan,
- Following physician orders,
- Informing us immediately of any changes to your health condition that suggests a revision to your care plan, and
- Complying with our financial policy and/or payment plan, if applicable.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
- Our personnel will clearly identify themselves upon arrival.
- Our personnel are trained to recognize individuality, cultural diversity, and will treat you with respect and without discrimination.
- Our personnel will treat all patients attentively and with the highest quality of health care services.
- Our personnel will clearly review all information needed for you to make free and informed decisions about your care and treatment.
- Your confidentiality will be held with respect by our personnel.
- In the event of a medical emergency, 911 should be called for assistance.
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
As our patient, you have every right to express your concerns without fear of repercussion or discrimination. We encourage open communication and welcome your recommendations for changes in our policy, personnel or your plan of care. Complaints and/or suggestions may be reported directly to your provider or you may call our business office telephone number included in the admission packet.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
Gateway Medical, LLC is required by state and federal laws to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. All information in relation to your medical needs will be held in strictest confidence and shared only with those who have authorization. See the Notice of Privacy Practices for details about how we may use or disclose your information and how to exercise your rights in accordance with Federal HIPAA legislation.